Musical Arts study program is one of the programs of the Faculty of Performing Arts which studies knowledges and skills of music covering areas of research, composition, and performances. The program offers an academic education of musical arts as the sub branch of performing arts in undergraduate level, which is equal to the degree of Bachelor of Arts.
To be the national center of excellence as an ideal higher education institution for music by 2017 under a healthy organization whose highly prioritizes the scientific autonomy of musical field.
• To practice undergraduate academic education in musical arts as a part of performing arts field sub branch.
• To practice research in musical arts and developing musicological as well as performance studies models
• To practice community service activities which is based on musicological as well as performance research result.
• To produce undergraduate academic scholars in arts who dominate fundamental knowledge of musical arts on the basis of Western musical sciences and skills.
• To produce graduates who master additional skills of musical arts in the sub fields of musicology and/ or musical performance as the supporting competencies to their musical arts scholarship.
• To be able to operate a short term research project by utilizing musicological methods in order to produce a scientific work as the alternative in solving social and cultural problems.
• To be able to do an analysis toward various musical phenomenon by applying musicological structural analysis in order to obtain knowledge on the development of music in society that will contribute in broadening the scope of musicological fields.
• To contribute a good service to community based on his/ her musical skills and always spreads the knowledge that he has been achieved from his education.
The alumnae profile of this program graduate is to become a music scholar who owns a systematical and critical thinking skill in developing musical field, both in its presentation quality as well as musical aesthetic and theoretical mastery. This program prepares an intellectual in the field of music. The graduates will be capable to do jobs in intellectual fields which prioritizes knowledge, experience, and skills in the profession as a general practitioner in the field of music.
Profession which can be developed by the program graduates are:
• Musical artist
• Music sosiologist
• Concert manager.
• Music reviewer author.
• Music critics
• Artist director
• Music researcher
• Music librarian
PERSON IN CHARGE
Dr. Andre Indrawan, M.Hum., M.Mus.
A. Gathut Bintarto T., S.Sos., S.Sn., M.A.
Full Time Faculties
Drs. Hari Martopo, M.Sn.
Drs. Agus Salim, M.Hum.
Dra. Rianti M. Pasaribu, M.A.
Prof. Dr. Victor Ganap, M.Ed.
Dr. Y. Edhi Susilo, M.Hum.
Drs. Pipin Garibaldi, DM, M.Hum.
Dr. Sukatmi Susantina, M.Hum.
Prima Dona Hapsari, S.Pd., M.Hum.
Umilia Rokhani SS., M.A.
Suryanto Wijaya., S.Mus., M.Hum.
Dra. Eritha R. Sitorus, M.Hum.
Linda Sitinjak, S.Sn., M.Sn.
Kustap Yusup, S.Sn., M.Sn.
Wahyudi, S.Sn., M.Sn.
ACTIVITIES IN 2015
• Master class by Christophe Dravers, Michel Hoffmann and Philippe David (Ensemble Trielen) from France as a part of Festival du Printemps 2015in cooperation with the IFI-LIP Yogyakarta (June 8th, 2015)
• Masterclass and Piano Recital by Prof. Ren Yong Jong from Reutlingen Academie Berlin, Germany. (August 25-26th , 2015)
• Recital and Piano Masterclass by David Herschovich from Sydney Conservatory of Music, the University of Sydney, Australia (July 1st, 2015)
• Asian Youth Jazz Orchestra in cooperation with Japan Foundation (3 of our students have passed the Asian tour selection) – September 19th – 21st, 2015
• Cavaquinho masterclass by Julio Pereira from Portugal. (September 18th, 2015)
• Recital and masterclass by Mr. Bruno Iturria in cooperation with Mexican Embassy, Jakarta (October 9th & 12th, 2015)
• Trumpet Workshop from Schonn & Selmer, co., by Adrian Kelly from Australia in cooperation with PT Citra Intirama. (October 9th, 2015)
• Masterclass and Lecture recital by Cicilia Yudha DMA, NCTM from Youngstown University Ohio, United States of America.