STUDENT ADMISSION SYSTEM
• Holding a Graduate degree from an art university or other equal universities, with a minimum GPA of 3.00.
• Having an ability to communicate in English with a minimum TOEFL score of 450.
• Having the ability in academic field and/or work of arts, and is able to take a doctoral program which is the continuation of the graduate program. However, graduate students from other study programs who have the ability or reputation in creating or reviewing arts are welcome to apply.
• Filling in the Doctoral Program Application Form which is available in the Student Office of ISI Yogyakarta, or by downloading it from http://www.pasca.isi.ac.id, enclosed with two copies of each attachment; except for item 3.i.
• Receipts from the admission fee of 400.000,00 IDR which is paid via Rektor ISI Yogyakarta, Acc. No.: 0030440945 BNI 46 Branch Office at Jl. Parangtritis No. 120, Yogyakarta.
• Copies of legalized Graduate Degree (S2) certificate. Applicants from abroad must enclose the Letter of Equalization Certificate from the National Education Department of Indonesia.
• Copies of legalized Graduate Degree academic transcripts.
• Copies of certificates and academic transcripts of other formal education which has been taken (if available).
• Copies of legalized TOEFL (500) certificate (valid for two years).
• Five copies of portfolio or CD/VCD of at least two published work of arts in performances or exhibitions within the last three years, along with a Statement of Work Originality with reference by Expert (required for applicants of Arts Creation Program).
• Five copies of at least two published scientific work (books/journals/seminar papers) within the last three years, along with a Statement of Work Originality with reference by Expert (required for applicants of Arts Review Program).
• Proofs of scientific activities or arts activities (seminars, workshops, group performances/exhibitions), such as copies of catalog, certificate, charter, etc.
• Five copies of pre-proposal of Arts Creation/Arts Studies for the Doctoral program, minimum of twenty pages (see the Pre-proposal Composition Manual).
• Permission letter from the company; required if applicants work for government or private companies.
• Two letters of recommendation from former advisor, lecturer, or artist/cultural observer about the academic or creativity abilities of the applicants.
Foreign applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
• Submit a special permission letter from the Directorate General of Higher Education of the National Education Department of Indonesia.
• Submit a letter of graduate degree leveling in Indonesia from the National Education Department of Indonesia.
• Fluent in Indonesian.
• Fulfill other general admission requirements.
• Submit a written application by filling in the Doctoral Program of ISI Yogyakarta Application Form, sent to the Director of the Graduate Program (in a sealed envelope) to: Graduate Program of ISI Yogyakarta, Jl. Suryodiningratan No. 8, Yogyakarta, 55143.
• Application letter must mention the desired study program, along with the topic of arts research/creation.
• Application letter is made in two copies.
Schedule and Interview
• For applicants with institution/personal funding: February – July.
• Interview for institution/personal funding applicants: August.
SELECTION FOR DOCTORAL PROGRAM APPLICANTS
Selection is based on:
• Applicants’ background, covering: (1) applicants’ former formal education and achievements (2) published scientific work or work of arts; and (3) other activities related to the desired study program.
• The quality of arts research/creation pre-proposal.
• Interview result.
• Selection result is announced in August via letter from the Director of Graduate Program, enclosed with registration requirements as new students/candidates. The announcements can be seen on website: http://www.pasca.isi.ac.id
• All approved applicants must register as new students of the Doctoral program in the Student Office of Graduate Program ISI Yogyakarta, within the time limit as stated on the letter of approval.
• All approved applicants must pay the tuition fee as required.
• Every doctoral program student must register himself every semester.