Music Composition Study Program is a S1 study program studi S-1 which studies the expertise of music composition through the creation a new music creation as a parts of music science.
Music Composition Study Program becomes the national center of excellence in the development of music composition field which does not only concern with the creativity of music composition in general, but also idioms of Indonesian traditional music.
• Organizing the education of music composition graduates creatively, innovatively, productively, while preserving the character of the nation’s culture.
• Conducting researches for the development of various types of music creation (composition), both art music and entertainment music without releasing the idioms of traditional Indonesian music.
• Applying knowledge, competency, and skills of music creation in various forms of activities in the community.
OBJECTIVE AND BENEFIT
Music Composition Study Program aims at producing art graduates who retain strong national character, and at producing graduates who are able to compose music while utilizing new ideas and traditional music idioms.
Music Composition Study Program (S1 program) is one application of music composition science. This program provides chances to students to contribute new ideas in music composition and apply them in existing music community. By doing so, students extend their expertise’s benefits in:
• Graduating music composition graduates who are able to apply, develop, and contribute their expertise to the society. The existence of Music Composition Study Program, not only as an institution of arts education, but is also as a partner in building social sensitivity and concern. The study program develops, and preserves the nation’s cultural wealth which is powerful and substantial.
• Graduating graduates who are able to provide the best service in the field of music composition to the society in accordance with their expertise and are able to transfer knowledge they have learned. Composing music is able to build social sensitivity and concern in developing, and preserving Indonesian culture.
• Graduating music composition graduates who retain nationalist character and are able to interact with their profession community within wider cultural contexts, national, and international coverage.
The profile of the study program graduates are music composers. They are capable of working in kinds of work which emphasize the skillful experience and music composition. The professions cover:
• Music Critics
• Music Composition Analyst
• Music Orchestrator
• Resource Person in music composition field
• Worker of recording industry and television in the field of music composition
Drs. Haris Natanael S., M.Sn.
Maria Octavia R.D, S.Sn., M.A.
Dr.Kardi Laksono, S.Fil.,M.Phil.
Drs. R. Chairul Slamet, M.Sn.
Drs. IGN. Wiryawan Budhiana, M.Hum.
Drs. Hadi Susanto, M.Sn.
Joko Suprayitno, S.Sn.
Drs. Kristiyanto Christinus, M.A.
Drs. Royke B. Koapaha, M.Sn.
Ovan Bagus Jatmiko, S.Sn., M.Sn.
• Workshop #2 (6.5 COMPOSERS COLLECTIVE)
Saturday, 26 September 2015 di Tembi Rumah Budaya Yogyakarta
Guest Composer : Vincent Mc Dermott (USA) and IG.N Wiryawan Budhiana (ISI Yogyakarta
• SEMINAR OF “APRESIASI MUSIK MODERN”
Thursday, 15 Oktober 2015 at Auditorium Musik ISI Yogyakarta
By: Cicilia Yudha, DMA.NCTM (teacher of College of Creative Arts & Communication, Youngstown State University, USA
• FIRST CONCERT OF STUDENTS OF MUSIC COMPOSITION STUDY PROGRAM 2015 “WE ARE CREATIVITY”
Friday, 23 October 2015 at Auditorium Musik ISI Yogyakarta